- Tuesday, December 07, 2004 / 3:07 am.
Life is unpredictable. I got a hit of the meaning today. A course mate/intern friend/ex-colleague of mine, Linda had passed away on sat nite. If any of ya'll had saw the monday nite chinese newspapers, u wld have seen an article on a girl in her 20s riding a 500cc bike that had an accident.
I'm in shock, i don't know how to react. I didnt wan to believe that its real. She just came back to the office 2weeks ago n she was suppose to meet up with a few of my colleagues for steamboat this wed, yet this happen. Why, Why is it so unfair. Its all in fate, if she wld have went to zoukout, this wld not have happen. How can a gal so bright, with so many aspirations be gone like this? It isn't fair, it really isn't. I'm still shock, i really am. When i learnt of the tragedy this morning, i was shocked. It didn't sink it, until i went into office and saw my boss who just came back frm visiting the wake. She put her arm ard my shoulder and said 'she looked peaceful.' That was when i started tearing, I cldn't speak to customers, I had to walk away. All ard, my senior colleagues came to talk to me, she was from my batch, we went in training together as interns and she only left the company for another 2mths ago. 2MTHS!!! Life is really unpredictable, no other words can say it.
Going to the wake with a heavy heart, seeing her body there, I almost cldn't take it, i walked away with Jo, tears welling up. The accident is tragic. I'm still in shock. Linda is gone.
This is an article frm CNA:
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Singaporean woman motorcylist dies in Johor crash
JOHOR BAHARU, Malaysia : A Singaporean woman died after she lost control of her high-powered motorcycle and crashed into the metal divider at KM23.1 of the Second Link on Saturday night.
Johor Baharu (North) Traffic Police head Chief Inspector Bakri Zainal Abidin said Linda Wee, in her 20s, who worked at a factory in the republic, died on the way to the Kulai Hospital, Bernama news agency reported.
Wee, from Bukit Merah in Singapore, was riding her motorcycle towards Kulai to meet her boyfriend when the accident occurred.
She fell after hitting the divider and was dragged about 200m by the motorcycle, he told Bernama.
She sustained serious body injuries and broke her right arm in the 11.30pm accident.
Chief Inspector Bakri said the victim's family had claimed her body. - CNA
_____________________________________________________________________________________
The above article had quite a no of errors though, she did not went to meet her boyfriend, she went in with a group friends, all riding bikes to meet their m'sia friends. It was not because she cldn't handle her bike, it was because the road is not smooth, as most malaysia roads are, the roads are bumpy and not lit. Linda has always been a careful biker, that i'm sure.
Its tragic, life is...... i donno how to put it....