_* Peace *_
- Sunday, August 28, 2005 / 4:00 pm.
Today marks the 50th day that i've left singapore and have been here in bris. Time flies huh? I guess, looking back, it wasn't that bad after all. In certain ways, i love being here in brisbane, but of course, the people whom i love dearly ain't here. That makes it tough.
Learning to stand up for myself, to be independent, to cook for myself everyday, to meet totally new people, to adapt to a totally new enviroment. After so long, i can finally say that i'm starting to get used to it. In fact, after a while, it really isn't that bad. The feeling of total independence and making all the decisions by yourself, is actually pretty great.
I've learnt to go shopping by myself, buy groceries, cook, do my own laundry and housekeeping. Learnt to take buses, to travel around the city. It actually sounds alot to take in in the beginning, but after a while, its really pretty easy.
I've had lots of time to sit and reflect, to think and plan for myself. The 'me' time i've got is something that i actually am starting to love. I can, for 4 days straight, just stay home and do nothing, read a book, do my laundry, housekeeping, go for a walk. Just not meeting ppl or going out. Its very rejuvinating actually, but i doubt it will be possible if i'm back in sg.
After 50 days, i can finally say that i'm at peace with being here.