_* Day 1 *_
- Monday, February 27, 2006 / 7:47 am.
Morning after. The feeling of waking up in a new bed in my new room, in my home for the next 9mths is really quite weird. Refreshing yes, but on the whole, ok I guess.
Now, comments bout my new place. It is definitely a huge improvement from the last, although I didn'treally take pictures of my last home much (with the exception of my room), but on the other hand, each home has its problems I guess. This new place can be said as sorta a townhouse. Not the American kind, but the Aussie kind. Its one house split into 3 portions. One portion (taken by us) has 3 rooms, a verandah, kitchen & dinner/living area. Small but alright. Sucks, cuz the 4 of us have only 1 shower to use, but improvement cuz there are 2 toilets. The landlord's daughter takes up the other portion of the house. Last split is downstairs which is like a granny flat, taken by 2 guys. Can ya'll imagine what it looks like now? I doubt so. Haa.
My room, is big, the only problem: it doesn't have a window, instead, a glass covering on the ceiling, which means, I get freaking wake up by sunlight every morning! Arg! This will be so terrible. I definitely have to get a night mask then. Horrid. With that exception, I need to get more storage space. Whoever that last lived here, doesn't look like they wanted a proper wardrobe, and there are no freaking drawers at all! ARG! I can't lived like this, I need proper boxes to keep my stuff. URG! I know it will nag me if I don't do so. Another thing, as there is no window in my room, (its basically really 4 walls), I really need to get a portable air-conditioning unit, one that can turn from hot to cold. Its been freaking hot here during summer. I can't believe it. My first night without aircon anyway. So yes, I really do need one. Begged my mom to gave me the go ahead last night, I hope daddy comes through and says yes.
Other than that, I don't really have many complaints bout the place. Nice neighbors though, have a dog. Hee. Cute little sausage one. *grinz* Oh, and I love the kitchen area, its WAY better than my last one, open kitchen concept. This house has loads of steps though, 3 levels and stuff. Ok, enough of the describing, i'm not gonna post any pics until this house is in order anyway, its a war zone here now, everything's all over the place. I still have to go over to alan's place today to collect the remainder of my stuff. Feel so unsettled, pissed me off when things are like that.
Another thing, I won't have internet at home until 2 weeks later. This is unacceptable! Now, I have to lug my laptop to uni everyday if I want to use the internet, can u believe it, it sucks. Really. When u realized how efficient Singapore is, compared to here, u really do complain.
The upside of this semester, is definitely my time-table. No classes on wed & fri! Yipee! Which means I can meet the girls then to go out. Hee. Fantastic. Plus, my earliest class is only at 10am, and I end the latest at 4pm. Goody. There's this little break in between my classes though, don't really like that.
I'm praying hard to pass all my classes this sem, i've already heard that 2 outta my 4 subjects are tough, and have high failure rate, which means that this sem, no more ya-ya-papaya. Gotta really study til the cows come home. i'm gonna turn into Rani's studying habits, hole myself in the library until its time for dinner. That way, I can get my work done. i've really gotta keep myself up on the readings this sem.
Alrighty! PPL, pls pray that this sem will go through smoothly for me. That everything will be alright. That most importantly, I will pass all my subjects and hopefully get at least credits for all! i've gotta slough hard!