_* The Working Life *_
- Tuesday, May 22, 2007 / 10:00 pm.
2 days into my new work life and i've learnt more than i can absorb.
Who knew that life in Operations was that difficult.
Basic overview of my work:
I'm the middle person for onboarding this project, between the developers & the end users. Yes! i've become a techie. Oracle, OS, DB. All this acronyms are essential to my work. I deal with Admin, OI, AM, DM etc. Basically, everyone in da bank wld need to know me, cuz i am the hotline when my 'baby' goes live.
Prep work is underway and i've got loads to do. Day in day out. But i'd guess something i'm most excited about is that i FINALLY have my OWN extension, with VM. Haa, finally a workspace to call my own, after sharing a workspace with others for eons of years! Its time to deco! haaa.
"Hint Hint: Bday coming up, i need cusions, hp holder, accessories." Conference call meetings are the oxygen for my work. Had my 1st team meeting today with folks in from jap, hk & aussie, imagine 12 ppl in 1 call. Yupz, seems like chaos, but somehow, its seriously so organised, cuz we listen and read the agenda from our blackboard. Cool sia.
GH, i'd finally know what u are doing already. Cuz me = to ur client coordinator. I pray that all goes well, loads to do and if i do things well, its 'hello travelling' for me during year end. And even better when its launched globally. *grinz*
Ok, its back to work for me le. I'm starting to hate spreadsheets, excel & powerpoint. So much effort required to make a screen looks professional that is only looked at for like 10mins tops, when doing it takes at least an hour. *arrrrgggg* Its an early morning for me tmr, super idiotic to have a submission deadline at 9am. GISSHH.
So peeps, if u're in or ard Capital Tower during lunch, do drop me a note. I'll be glad to pop down for a quick coffee. Heee. How fantastic is to have Starbucks right at the life lobby doorstep.
Offline: YIPPS OF JOY - I PASSED MY DRIVING! call me Ms 'P' Plate!